Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Mass with the Holy Father

God is good! Sunday morning arrived too soon. I learned how to stay warm while sleeping under the stars; I cinched the top of my mummy bag, breathed in the bag and rolled up against Meghann. Instant warmth. Holy Mass with the Pope was a once in a lifetime experience for me. I was amazed, eventhough we were very far from the altar, the thousands of people around me were prayerful and focused. It truly was a beautiful mass. Mass concluded WYD.

We headed back to the hotel with the rest of the 300,000 pilgrims. Lucky for us we had a map that took us off the main walking area and into side streets that took us straight to our hotel. We made ot back in a fraction of the time it had taken to get there. It was actually very close to the hotel.

I had dinner with the group and said my farewells to my friends. My cousin, Richard picked me up and brought me to his dad's house. The rest of my trip will be sightseeing with family. Looking forward to peace, quiet and a snuggy bed!
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

No comments: