Monday, July 21, 2008

God's amazing Creation

I ventured out of Sydney today with my cousin Richard. We visited the Blue Mtns about 1.5 hours west of Sydney. I wasa surprised that the spectacular views were right there on the edge of a town called Katoomba. They call it the Grand Canyon of Australia. Seeing the Grand Canyon just last summer I'd have to say that it isn't quite the same. It is much more lush with thick canopy covering a rain forest. It is an awesome view.

We rode a tram across a short stretch of the canyon, then rode a rail car down into the forest. The rail car is very similar to the carts that the miners used to get into the mining tunnels. There were coal mines in the Blue Mtns. We walked through the the rain forest. I went into overload trying to take in the breath taking view of God's creation! Truly amazing.

From there we drove to Lithgow to ride the narrow gauge steam train. We zigzagged down into the Valley to the station below. It was a fun trip. We got to see how the train lights and tracks were changed by pulling on giant levers.

From there we drove back through Sydney, over the Harbour Bridge into Roseville. We had a lovely home cooked meal! It was nice to have a real and good meal again!

I'll be home before you know it. Keep praying for a safe return home! God Bless.
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

No comments: