God graced me with great friends both near and far. This summer, I spent more time with my friends than in the past. One friend, in particular, usually gets about a dinners worth of conversation a year. This past summer, God gave us hours together! It was tremendous. Fr David is a good family friend who is a Franciscan Missionary in Mexico. I've know him since I was about 12. He is truly an amazing person!My dear friend Andi has taught fitness classes since before her little darlings were born. As time moved on, she became a full time mama but this summer, she decided to whip her friends into shape! Ann, another good friend, volunteered her pool and we gathered 2 - 3 times a week to workout in the pool doing water aerobics! It was great to be around my friends so often this summer! We exercised together, played together and enjoyed eachother's company.
My Mexican friend and her lovely family are back for a little while, at least. It is so nice to have her so close in proximity. I'm sure the impromptu lunches and dinners will be back in full swing!
My other dear friend, Francesca, graciously invited my family to Six Flags Discovery Kingdom! What a thrill to ride roller coasters again after such a hiatus. I am definitely getting old in regards to those rides, my head just can't take it any more! But to see my kids strapped in and know the adrenaline rush about to occur for them was fun to watch! My little ones aren't so little any more. Nini is tall enough to ride most of the rides and just loves them!
Another friend was visiting from Italy. My plans and God's plans didn't quite mesh, but his plan was definitely better! We got to spend about a week with our Italian friend; roadtripping and camping. The camping reunited me with friends I haven't seen for a few year! Again, we were blessed!
I thank God for the wonderful people he has placed in my life. This has been the summer of friends and friendship! The relationships and bonds that are created will last a lifetime! Thank you Lord for being so good to my family and me. Our summer was graced with good company and usually good food! I've grown closer and strengthened the relationships with many friends this summer.

No comments:
Post a Comment