Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Faith

Just the other day, I went to a funeral. I didn't know the person that died, but I knew his wife. I was somewhat unattached to the whole situation, very unlike my grandmother's funeral earlier this year. As I sat in the pew, waiting for the ceremony to take place, I realized what a gift I had.

I have the gift of faith. A faith that won't ever let me down. Through my faith, I know the time spent here on earth is fleeting, but that there is something even better than I could ever imagine beyond this life. It is truly a comfort to know and believe that.

The gift of the Sacraments given by Christ, Himself feeds our faith. At the very end, my friend's husband went to confession, received Holy Communion and received the Anointing of the Sick. How beautiful is that! His beloved wife was so full of peace, knowing that her husband is in a much better place.

Without faith, we are lost and distraught. I thank you Lord for this precious gift.

No comments: