Wednesday, October 8, 2008

WOW, EWWWW, YUCK, OHHH

The title echoes the sentiments while experiencing the unhatched eggs. Yes, we broke them open to investigate what was inside. We were a little sad to see that one egg had a fully developed chick. We don't know why it didn't hatch. We saw the embryos at different stages of development. Some smelled a little off and others were flat out putrid, to say the least. Most had signs of a previous life.

I thought the kids would be taken back or really sad to see the results of the unhatched chickens, but they were both very scientific about the whole thing.

Savanna said she was sad that they had died, but she had an understanding that there was a reason they didn't live. She said, "They just weren't meant to live, Mom". Wow, to be able to understand that there is a reason for everything at her age is amazing to me. Especially for her. Those that know her can tell you, she is very dramatic. I was expecting a different reaction from her.

Charles commented that the whole experiment taught him perseverance and hope; that you keep going and hope for the best. Even though the best would have been 12 chicks, we only received one. His hope was never distinguished. He accepted what was given and moved on.

There is a whole lot I can learn from my kids! I need to accept what is given to me, whether good or bad, and I must persevere to the very end. In all that, I have the gift of hope to carry me through. In the end, I accept what I have been given and move on.

My children amaze me. To me they are still so young, yet they can teach me so much! Thank you God for these little treasures that you have entrusted to me. May I do you will and lead them closer to you! God Bless.

No comments: