Monday, July 11, 2011

Visiting Langchou

Wow, what a day. The weather is sweltering hot and sticky. Mon morning took us on a river cruise down the Li River. The rock formations were amazing and beautiful. The haze gave depth perception to what we were looking at and made some of the formations look like ghosts The cruise ended in the town of Langshou where we wandered through the marketplace. There was so much to see there. From there the party broke up into three groups. Mike, the kids and I went on a country tour. I am so glad we did that.

We traveled down dirt roads into the farm lands. We stopped at a home and discovered what traditional living in Langshou was like. Somewhat primitive with a few modern conveniences.

Upon arriving back at the meeting point, we walked to an alley to enjoy a very loud display of fire crackers. It was like being a little kid again.

We continued on our way to see a 1400 year old banyan tree and then to see moon rock. Moon rock was neat to see, but the big attraction was the monkey that would pose with us to take pictures.

We closed the evening with a show. Unlike any I have ever seen before. The show was on a lake with bamboo boats, singers, dancers and a beautiful display of lights. Very unique.

It's been a long busy day. Time for bed. It's almost midnight here which would be 9 am Mon for you all in CA. We'll be home soon. I'll share more adventures when I get home. Stay tuned.

Reminder to self: download photos every other day or the memory card gets full.

No comments: