Our day began visiting a small tea plantation. Upon arrival, we were all issued very stylish hats and were taught how to pick the perfect tea leaf.
Our hats soon turned into baskets as we raced around trying to pick the most tea leaves. They told us later that we could have stumbled upon snakes. I had a feeling...We then were shown the process of the tea leaf and we sampled a few flavors, including the local osmanthus flower tea.
Note to self: When deciding to dress in the traditional dress and have my pic taken by the local photographer, make sure your guide is around to help you get out of buying 5 photos at 20 yuan each (sorry, photo can't be uploaded, it was a cute shot of me and Kerry.)
Most of the crew are here.
The last stop was at the Reed Flute Caves. A cool 66 degrees (or so they say, it felt warmer in there, but still a lot cooler than outside.) I tried to take pics in there, but the flash ruined the beautiful and colorful lights they used to light up the stalagtites and stalagmites. The workers inside were wearing winter coats and I even saw one with a mini portable heater. I suppose working an eight hour shift could get cold after a while...maybe?



No comments:
Post a Comment