Thursday, May 28, 2009

Following in the Footsteps of Mary

All I wanted to do for Mother's Day this year was to participate in a Marian procession. We walked for three miles through the streets of Sacramento, following Our Lady. There were many others walking with us along the street of a quiet neighborhood. We prayed, sang and talked as bystanders watched, gawked and wondered. Looking ahead of the crowd, the procession was lead by a beautiful statue of Mary. As I watched her bob up and down and sway side to side, I couldn't help thinking that I was literally following Our Lady. I felt great comfort as I looked around and saw all my brothers and sisters in Christ doing the same. It was then that I realized that I was not alone. I had a family that also wanted to follow Our Blessed Mother. How beautiful is that?

The procession ended at the Cathedral of the Blessed Sacrament where we attended a Latin High Mass. What an experience that was. As Mike said, "Now that is what the music in church should sound like!" What a glorious day. I thank you Lord for the opportunity to follow Our Beloved Mother.

We are all called to follow Our Lady. She is the model for us to learn and grow by. She will lead us directly to her Son. There is a beautiful book titled Take It to the Queen: A Tale of Hope by Josephine Nobisso. The story can help us to understand how Mary leads us to Jesus. Blessed Mother of God, Pray for us!

No comments: