Friday, January 23, 2009

He Says it Better

Below and in the right column of my blog, there are links to other blogs (Other Friendly Blogs.) Click on "Peregrinus". You will be redirected to a another blog. Once there, click on "36". Then, come back here and read on.

My family and I are participating in the Walk for Life - Home This will be our 3rd year. Believe it or not, I got involved because my 12 year old asked, no, begged me to take him to the walk 3 years ago when he was only 10. He wanted so much to protect the unborn babies. He can't understand why a mom wouldn't recognize the life of the little human she carried in her womb. That first year we attended was amazing. I was so surprised and awed at the sheer number of people that attended. Then next year, he asked his dad to join us. The three of us went along with 2 bus loads from our church. This year, we will all walk. Dad, mom, brother and sister. This year our church had 3 bus loads going.

The San Francisco Wharf is transformed by a sea of people. I am always so moved by the tens of thousands that attend and the peaceful and charitable attitudes of those walking. We join together in prayer, song and conversation. We volley between old friends that came with us, new friends that we meet on the way and with friends we run into that we haven't seen for a while. Climbing on a concrete block, looking ahead you can only see the undulating mass of people moving forward and as you look back, you see the same thing. The sight of so many walking together for such a beautiful cause helps me understand the meaning of the Body of Christ. We are all one, united under God Our Father. We are proclaiming His words by our actions.

It saddens me to see the protesters. I don't think that they shouldn't be there, and to personally judge them would be wrong, but I do feel sad for them. Many of them are so bitter and angry. They yell and scream like rabid animals. The hate and disdain can be seen in their eyes as they get themselves all worked up in their yelling and screaming. All I can do is pray for them. It saddens me to know that they don't know the Mercy of Our all Loving God.

No comments: