Sunday, February 22, 2009

Sewing Too

When Charles was invited to a Redwall (a book series that he and his friends read) birthday party, he decided to be his favorite character, Dandon. He needed a green robe to be Brother Dandon, the mouse. Off we went to purchase fabric and a patern. Little did he know, Mom was going to make him help out a little.










Experience is everything.
Here he is cutting out the patern.














I had him sew the straight parts. Then off to bed.


I finished the project later that night. I had to do the harder, curved sewing. I even struggled with it!















Here are my little mice in their finished costumes. Savanna was Cornflower the field mouse.

I offered to make them mouse ears and to draw whiskers, but they both decided against it. The party was great hit. The kids enjoyed playing and pretending.

2 comments:

Maurisa said...

Those costumes are awesome! Your son must be so proud of the wonderful job he did!

Lady in Blue said...

Projects like this are always fun and such a good learning experience. The kids always have a feeling of accomplishment!