Sunday, June 29, 2008

Sydney, Australia, Here I Come!

Most of you know that I will be making a pilgrimage to Sydney, Australia. What's a pilgrimage? It is a journey to a sacred place. Hmm, didn't know that Sydney was a sacred place, did you? Well, from July 15 - July 20th we, the Roman Catholic Church, are going to make it a pretty special, if not a holy place to be! They are estimating 200,000 pilgrims to descend upon Sydney to learn and grow closer to Christ and His Church. Amazing! I will be 1 of the 200,000 people attending. The mugshots of the yellow hoodies below are just a few friends I will be pilgrimaging (is that a word?) with. Check out this link to see what we will be doing. http://www.wyd2008.org/ On the last day I get to celebrate Holy Mass with our Holy Father, Pope Benedict XVI. It just can't get better than that! Please keep me in prayer while I travel half way around the globe. I will be updating this blog from Australia, so visit often! God Bless you all.

1 comment:

Lizzy K said...

Awesome blog Carolyn!
GREAT TO CATCH UP!!!!
You're definitely in our thoughts & prayers for WYD Sydney...
and we're looking forward to seeing pictures & reading your posts about this awesome time with our Papa Benedict!!!
YES, WE ARE STILL HOMESCHOOLING!
WE DO NEED TO GET TOGETHER!
Love & miss you!